Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Really Nestle?

Does anyone remember this?




I recently came across this video again, and the jingle certainly struck a chord in my brain...probably something like ten years ago, sitting in my old living room probably getting ready to watch an episode of Hey Arnold or something. Now I used to see this ad all the time when I was a young adolescent, but just came to the conclusion that this had to be the worst edible invention ever created by any food company.

Really Nestle? Really? A Wonderball? I must say, I've never consumed this product in my lifetime, but I think it's safe to say it's absolutely awful. I mean, small pieces of candy inside a ball of chocolate, wrapped in dye-soaked tin foil? First of all, talk about a choking hazard! I mean really, they're obviously marketing this for children. And really, who's going to want to eat chocolate AND sweet candy all at once? That's a horrible combination. And what the fuck, no wonder why childhood obesity is the way it is, when you have food companies making these Shitballs for kids to eat.

Doing a bit of research on this product, I found out that they were quickly taken off the shelves in the late 90s...and rightly fucking so! I'm surprised they even got past the marketing stage, let alone was distributed in stores.

The slogan for this was "I WONDER what's in my Wonderball?" Well, this product certainly makes me WONDER...like I WONDER what the fuck was wrong with the people at Nestle for creating this piece of shit. And Really Nestle? Really? Did you Really have to make this? Weren't making enough sales with your THOUSANDS of other products? Your $110 billion revenue wasn't good enough? My advice - stick to the Crunch bar.

Godspeed,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment