Thursday, May 7, 2009

Really school policy?

Friday, May 1, 2009: Pack up belongings, check out of dormitory, ready for the summer to commence.

Thursday, May 7, 2009: Final Essay due for Business Ethics. No problem right? I'll write it while i'm at home, upload that bad boy to Blackboard, and before i know it I'll be sipping on a margarita under the beautiful sun. Hang on...what's that professor? You want us to meet on May 7th to hand in our exams AND upload them online? Well can't we just upload it? Oh, it's a school policy that every student must hand in the assignment in person?

So let's do this math...I check out of my residence quarters on May 1st, and must meet in class May 7th. Now I suppose this means i must drive up 45 miles from my home, and 45 miles back...to hand in a hard copy of a paper? That's 90 miles, and approximately 2 and a half hours wasted for the following:

10:45:00 Walk into classroom
10:45:09 Place assignment on desk
10:45:18 Leave classroom.

So this was 90 miles, 2 and a half hours, and quarter tank of gas for 18 seconds of importance. I'm certainly not a master of arithmetic, but I really don't think that makes much mathematical sense. And all of this was because of, yes that's right, another one of Seton Hall University's lovely school policies. Right now I am sitting at home, in my upholstered chair, with the Air Conditioning ON, (shocker, right) and there is no policy telling me that I can't. It's the first day of my summer vacation, a brief and relaxing hiatus from the hardships of school, and I must say I feel a sense of liberation. The moral of this post is basically an ode to freedom, and I will raise my invisible glass and toast to liberation from The Seton Hall University for a few months. From Nicole and myself, until September, Good Tidings South Orange, NJ.

Godspeed,
Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment